Not sure yet why you would want to
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U was a pretty polished game at launch, with very little in the way of bugs and glitches. Still, this has not stopped people digging around in the game seeing what corners and cracks they can find hidden in its depths.
If you’ve ever for some weird reason wanted to control eight Smash characters at the same time, with the same controller, well a newly discovered glitch will apparently make this possible.
I’ll allow discoverer Gluetendo from reddit explain how it’s done:
- Have 8 amiibo.
- Use a controller that can “desync” (a GameCube controller preferably).
- Go to the 8-Player Smash mode.
- Just move your joystick until the “Player #” or port space pops up.
- Click the name part of your port until it says “None”.
- Remove your controller from the port or desync it.
- Scan your amiibo.
- Plug your shit back in.
- Move your joystick again and now you will be the Player in the next available space after your scanned amiibo. Nothing out of the ordinary, but trust me, it’s working.
- Repeat Steps 5-9 until all the Player spaces are filled with the 8 amiibo.
- Go to the Settings (where Time or Stock and Item rules are). Then simply exit.
- Enjoy controlling 8 characters simultaneously
So, there you have it. If you can explain to me why this is a thing you might actually want to do, please let me know in the comments below.