It’s come to our attention that Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter was recently given a loving update from Croteam, and we wanted to return the favor. The main draw here is the new 16-person Deathmatch mode with 7 maps, 22 Steam Achievements, and Spectator mode support.
There are a number of less important (but still totally neat) additions thrown in the mix, plus a few bug fixes; all of this can be seen in detail after the break.
For anyone who’s left Serious Sam HD sitting in their Steam account for far too long now, this is probably a good time to start playing again while the renewed community interest is there. Go kill dudes with your oversized guns. You have our blessing to do so.
- Deathmatch Mode
- 7 Deathmatch Levels
- 22 Steam Achievements
- Spectator Support
- New “Game Overlay” menu used instead of old player list.
- Server details display with customized settings in server list
- Support for custom map rotation lists
- Voting of customized difficulty in co-op
- Added support for achievement progress display.
- Separate setting for autochange weapon in multiplayer games.
- Dedicated server operator (logged in through rcon) can chat with players.
- Player’s weapon is not bobbing any more when player “walks” in the air.
- Fixed crashes when invoking samVoteIsEnabled, samVoteDisable and samVoteEnable from the console.
- Removed F4 keyboard shortcut for invoking options menu (it collided with voting).
- Fixed random crashes and lockups on exit that would happen if user exited the server list menu, while it was still searching for more servers.