I know you’re sick of hearing about it, and you just want to play the damned thing, but the time is near — Rock Band has gone gold. The game is in final production and manufacturing, and the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 are on schedule to hit stores on its November 20 launch date.
“We have a small army filling our warehouses with final product,” says Alex Rigopolous, CEO of Harmonix. “Now, our focus is putting together an amazing selection of downloadable music content for players, so players can continue to further customize their Rock Band experience post-launch.”
The full press release (that doesn’t contain details on how to build a time machine to transport us to November 20) after the jump.
Groundbreaking Music Video Game Has Gone Into Final Production and is Set to Take Center Stage on Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3 system on November 20th
Cambridge, Massachusetts- November 5, 2007 – Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, and MTV Games, a division of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B) along with distribution partner Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), announced today that its highly anticipated music videogame Rock Band™ has gone gold, is in final production and manufacturing, and set for launch. The Rock Band Special Edition Bundle will be available in North America on Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system November 20th for the suggested retail price of $169.99. In addition Rock Band for PLAYSTATION®2 computer entertainment system will be in stores on December 18th for the suggested retail price of $159.99.
“Rock Band is a true symbol of Harmonix’s vision, dedication and passion for music and after two years of development, we are thrilled that Rock Band is finally ready to get in the hands of rock fans everywhere,” said Alex Rigopolous, CEO of Harmonix. “We have a small army filling our warehouses with final product, ready for our November 20th ship date so players can fulfill their rock and roll aspirations. Now, our focus is putting together an amazing selection of downloadable music content for players so players can continue to further customize their Rock Band experience post launch.”
Details on the Rock Band Special Edition Bundle:
· The Xbox 360 version of the Rock Band Special Edition Bundle will feature a wired drum kit, microphone and Fender Stratocaster guitar controller as well as a USB hub for easy plug-in access for all instruments.
· The PLAYSTATION 3 system version of the Rock Band Special Edition Bundle will feature a wired drum kit and microphone, as well as a wireless Fender Stratocaster guitar controller, which will be interoperable between the PlayStation 2 system and PLAYSTATION 3 system.
· The Rock Band Special Edition Bundle for the PlayStation 2 system will feature a wired drum kit, wired microphone, wireless Fender Stratocaster guitar controller and a USB hub.
· Suggested retail pricing for standalone Rock Band software for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system versions will be $59.99.
· Standalone instrument peripherals for Rock Band, including a wireless guitar option for the Xbox 360, will be available at a later date to be announced.
· The standalone Rock Band software will support a variety of 3rd-party instrument peripherals as well as enable owners to share peripherals with those who own the Special Edition bundle.
Partnerships with instrument giants including Fender® Musical Instruments Corporation, Roland Corpation, BOSS, Ludwig, Line 6, Ernie Ball, Electro-Harmonix, Vic Firth, and Zildjian ensure authenticity of the look and feel of in-game play, while the Rock Band instruments, including the Fender Stratocaster® guitar controller, are designed by real world musicians.
Rock Band will ship in Europe in the first quarter of 2008 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 system and PLAYSTATION 2 system.