FROM DA CHANDALI-EE-EAR!
I can honestly say that it has been a long time since I’ve bought anything Rock Band related. The game was practically my life during college and I didn’t start to wane in interest until around 2011. Rock Band 3 really did have everything I could have hoped for from the rhythm gaming genre.
Then Rock Band 4 came out and removed some features. Keyboards were out and online multiplayer was long gone. Some of your previously purchased songs were MIA and all new songs would be locked to the newest version. Bummer, but at least the latter is understandable.
If you’ve been clamoring for more hard rockin’ hits…then I’m sorry to disappoint you. Instead of adding some Animals as Leaders, Metallica or Gojira, we’re getting songs from the Billboard Top 100 and Weezer’s single from the self-titled album that I had no idea came out this year. That is pretty neat.
The following songs will be added over the month of October.
- Andy Grammer – “Honey, I’m Good.”
- The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey – “Closer”
- Shawn Mendes – “Treat You Better”
- Sia ft. Sean Paul – “Cheap Thrills”
- Bring Me The Horizon –”Happy Song”
- Capital Cities –”Safe and Sound”
- Eagle-Eye Cherry –”Save Tonight”
- Maroon 5 – “One More Night”
- Matchbox Twenty – “3am”
- The Neighbourhood –”Sweater Weather”
- Of Monsters And Men –”Little Talks”
- Pharrell Williams –”Happy”
- Semisonic –”Closing Time”
- Sia –”Chandelier”
- Skillet –”Feel Invincible”
- Weezer –”King of the World”
As far as I’m concerned, Shawn Mendes can go rot in a ditch. “Treat You Better” is really crappy, but then again, I’m not a teenage girl. I’m also not sure how “Closing Time” managed to dodge being in a Rock Band game all these years, but at least Harmonix has rectified that issue. Now at the end of drunken Rock Band parties, people can properly play a final song.
All of these songs are in addition to the Rivals expansion that will be releasing on the 18th. Maybe online multiplayer will make these songs go down easier…