Remember three whole months ago, when Slant Six acknowledged that Operation Raccoon City had a ton of flaws? Well, it looks like a console patch is finally upon us that clears up a number of the terrible bugs that plagued the game.
The major changes involve improved matchmaking, and ally AI improvement (which should up the dumb as nails on-board AI). Gunplay has also been changed, with “improved aiming/fire accuracy”, but specifics have not been diverged into exactly what parameters are involved. Gameplay wise, you can now grab items while dashing, and take cover right after a dive.
While a patch is appreciated, does anyone else think this is too little too late? After all, there’s 2880 MSP ($36) worth of DLC on the marketplace, all of which seemed to have priority over these game breaking bugs.
RE: Patch [Capcom Unity] – Thanks Greg!
- Improved matching. Easier to connect and added each user’s NAT info to main menu for easier troubleshooting.
- Matchmaking from invites improved.
- Ally AI improved
- Enemy AI and responses improved
- Adjusted various elements of weaponry, including ammo count, knockdown distance, weapon respawn times etc
- Improved aiming/fire accuracy
- Items can be picked up while dashing
- Infinite CQC combo addressed (can’t string together endless attacks)
- Players can take cover immediately following a dive
- Also a fair number of bugs addressed