A friendly reminder — we’re trying to give stuff away! You see all that crap up there? Boy, do we want to keep it. Hell, some of us don’t even have our own copies of Uncharted … or any clothes. So how do you win it? It’s simple.
We’re looking for someone to make a custom Destructoid XcrossMediaBar for the PlayStation 3. Sony was kind enough to give us a slew of cool stuff to give away:
Copies (one each) of Uncharted, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, and NBA 08 for the PS3
Random assortment of PS3 schwag (t-shirt, belt buckle, pens, luggage tags, etc.)
Random PS3 schwag assortment
Random PS3 schwag assortment, but not as much as the second prize winner, because he/she is slightly cooler than you are … but you’re still pretty cool.
The contest ends this Friday, November 30, and we’ve already got a bunch of great submissions … so where’s yours, punk? Hit the jump for all of the details, including rules (lame!) and how to enter.
Contest Rules and other important stuff (READ ME!)
- The XMB theme should be Destructoid related (which could mean using our color scheme, versions of the robot head, etc.)
- The theme can not contain any inappropriate references (including, but not limited to: pornography, profanity, etc.). This should go without saying, but we know how you animals can get!
- Finalized XMB themes should be sent to [email protected]
Creating your own XMB theme
- First, you’ll need the custom XMB theme compiler, which you can get from Sony here.
- The compiler package contains detailed information on how to edit and create your own XMB theme. Don’t be afraid of the big words in the detailed guide.
- Need a little assistance? Lili-chan software has an easy to use PlayStation 3 theme builder, which can be found at their Web site. Sorry folks, Windows only. [Thanks, Takeshi!]