Don’t look. Guess what #1 is. Guess what the top rented title was from the more than 27,000 Redbox kiosks across our country was this year. C’mon, you know this. Okay, look. Surprised? Note that this top spot goes to the Xbox 360 version. The PS3 version is down the list a bit, at #5.
Yeah, that was easy. But I’m surprised at #3, Dead Island. I guess it makes sense, as the game’s premise would easily draw the casual gamer looking for an interesting rental. And it’s a fun game, so gamers surely jumped on a rental.
Somehow, in the middle of all of these high-profile game franchises, The Smurfs Dance Party and Cars 2 made rank. If I had kids, I’d get ’em in early on the FPS titles instead.
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox360), Activision / Blizzard
2. Just Dance 3 (Wii), Ubisoft
3. Dead Island (Xbox360), Square Enix
4. Cars 2 (Wii), Disney Interactive
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3), Activision/Blizzard
6. Brink (Xbox360), Bethesda
7. The Smurfs Dance Party (Wii), Ubisoft
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox360), Bethesda
9. Call of Duty Black Ops (Xbox360), Activision/Blizzard
10. Transformers Dark of the Moon (Xbox360), Activision/Blizzard