There’s a new sheriff in town
Top titles are starting to take a firm foothold in the UK Charts as the all-important holiday season approaches, with this week’s Top Three featuring no significant movement over the last seven days.
Rockstar’s wild west epic Red Dead Redemption 2 remains firmly planted at number one, followed by Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Electronic Arts’ soccer sim FIFA 19. Major titles from previous weeks, such as Marvel’s Spider-Man and Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Odyssey maintain their high rankings.
Making their presence felt in the Top Ten this week are Warner Bros. Lego Harry Potter Collection and Sega’s Football Manager 2019. The Football Manager series has always found significant success in the UK market, and this latest entry seems to be proving no different.
Elsewhere in the charts, Diablo III: Eternal Collection for Nintendo Switch landed at number 15, whilst Focus Interactive’s mystery Call of Cthulhu failed to make its presence felt, debuting at number 27. The two Taiko no Tatsujin games, (which are available to purchase in Europe with the drum controller), failed to chart.
As we head into November, it’s going to take one helluva shove to knock Red Dead off of its lofty perch.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: November 3 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 – Rockstar Games
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Activision
3. FIFA 19 – Electronic Arts
4. Forza Horizon 4 – Microsoft
5. Marvel’s Spider-Man – Sony
6. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Ubisoft
7. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy –Activision
8. LEGO Harry Potter Collection – Warner Bros. Interactive
9. Football Manager 2019 – Sega
10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]