I’m not normally one to be overly interested in a controller of all things, but this sexy new red Xbox 360 pad has caught my eye. A limited edition run, this new pad boasts a shiny paint job and the new Play & Charge cable for easy recharging. Plus it now matches the color of your console’s inevitable red rings! The peripheral and charge cable will set you back $64.99.
We already heard about a controller with an improved D-Pad hitting Europe this year, but it’s not known if the design specs are the same as this one, which doesn’t mention anything about a new D-Pad. Either way, here’s the full sales pitch from Microsoft:
- Limited Edition red finish, with newly designed black accents
- Bundled with a Play & Charge Cable and matching red rechargeable battery pack
- 2.4GHz wireless technology with 30-foot range
- Use up to four controllers simultaneously on one console
- Integrated headset port for Xbox Live play
- Adjustable vibration feedback for longer battery life
- New left and right shoulder buttons are designed for ease of use
- Use the Xbox 360 Guide button to keep track of your friends, access your games and media, or power on and off your Xbox 360 console
Anybody interested in this? Since the controller is red, you should be able to enjoy three times more control over your videogames, but without word on the D-Pad, it may be wise to hold out and see if that improvement is present, or at least coming over from Europe at some point. Dtoider Max Power points out that a lot of these specs, including the “new” shoulder buttons, are displayed on all Xbox 360 controllers throughout its Web site, so this is likely just a respray with the new cable. Note to Micrsoft: WE WANT D-PAD!