That’s about as good as it gets
Nintendo’s first-party stuff never really goes on sale. That’s the double-edged sword of Nintendo’s Seal of Quality — when games are this good, you don’t need to lower the price. It’s rare to find anything more than modest discounts on the best games.
GameStop actually has some pretty great Switch deals this week. The highlight is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for $40. That $40 threshold is pretty much the lowest Nintendo games go, so this is basically as good as it gets.
The deal applies to both physical and digital copies. If you want it immediately, pick digital. If you want physical, have it shipped. If you’re the bold and daring type, venture out to GameStop and buy it in-store.
This is part of GameStop’s Spring Sale that runs through April 11. It’s fun to imagine Reggie brokered the sale between GameStop and Nintendo, but the retailer’s newest board member probably didn’t call in a favor. But the idea that Reggie is stretching old connections so that Nintendo’s games are finally on sale — it’s too good to go unmentioned.
Here’s the noteworthy Switch stuff that’s part of GameStop’s Spring Sale:
- Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection — $19.99
- Collection of Mana — $24.99 (physical only)
- Diablo III Eternal Collection — $29.99
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze — $39.99
- Kirby Star Allies — $39.99
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — $39.99
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 — $39.99
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle — $17.99 (physical only)
- Mortal Kombat 11 — $17.00
- Octopath Traveler — $39.99
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI — $14.99 (physical only)
- Splatoon 2 — $39.99
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution — $29.99 (physical only)
Spring Sale [GameStop]