Bandicoot back to conquer street sales
In news that is of absolutely no shock to anybody, the U.K. has put remade racer Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled at the top of the physical sales charts. As history has told us, the U.K. loves Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot and poor political decisions.
Many of you will remember how Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy dominated the charts for weeks, even returning to the number one spot on multiple occasions, so seeing Crash, Tiny, Polar and pals back at the top of the premier league is an inevitably, and the gang will likely sit in pole position for some time.
Nitro-Fueled succeeded in selling four times as many copies as the multi-platform Team Sonic Racing (which itself spent a week in the top slot), and is the third biggest launch in the year so far, behind Resident Evil 2 and Days Gone. It still couldn’t quite surpass the launch sales of N. Sane Trilogy, THE U.K’S MOST BELOVED VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: June 22, 2019
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled – Activision
2. FIFA 19 – Electronic Arts
3. Forza Horizon 4 – Microsoft
4. Days Gone – Sony Computer Entertainment
5. Red Dead Redemption 2– Take 2
6. Battlefield V – Electronic Arts
7. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
9. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 – Ubisoft
10. Anthem – Electronic Arts
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]