It’s live now on the test servers
One of my most-wanted features when I first got into PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was the ability to see who had killed me. I wanted to follow my assassin’s journey, to watch and learn from their decision making, to witness them make it into the top two and then accidentally give themselves away with a horrible grenade toss and get lit up like a fool. Y’know, the simple pleasures in life.
We’ve had a death cam in PUBG for a while now, and it’s a nice little addition, but the time has come for a full-on spectating option. With the new test-server update on PC, players can now watch their killer in spectator mode and cheer for their untimely demise. Here’s how the system can play out:
- Players can now spectate their killer by clicking the “watch” button on their match result screen
- Solo killer spectating
- If you get killed by the Blue Zone, the Red Zone or from falling, you can spectate the nearest player from your death location
- When the player you were spectating dies, you can continue spectating the killer of that player
- If the player you were spectating gets disconnected, you can continue spectating their killer
- Duo / Squad killer spectating
- Same as above but can only spectate the enemy team after all your team members are dead
- You can report a player you are spectating in Killer Spectate mode by pressing R
- If you click Death Cam, you won’t be able to use the Killer Spectate mode
The killer spectating even chains to your killer’s killer and beyond. I really dig this.
PC 1.0 Update #9 [Steam]