Following on from its eye-widening PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR2) price reveal, Sony Interactive Entertainment has released a list of games that will be arriving in 2023 on the virtual reality hardware. The list of 11 titles leans heavily on the spooky-ooky, spearheaded by The Dark Pictures: Switchback.
A spin-off entry in Supermassive Games’ enjoyable horror anthology, The Dark Pictures: Switchback is a literal rollercoaster ride through an array of creepy environments, jump-scares, and other frightening imagery. It seems very similar in concept to Supermassive’s own Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, which was also a VR rollercoaster ride released for the original PSVR hardware in 2016.
The Dark Pictures: Switchback is one of only two titles on the new list that appears to be a PSVR2 exclusive, joining Smilegate shooter Crossfire: Sierra Squad. The previously revealed launch title Horizon: Call of the Mountain — also available in a bundle with the new hardware — is also expected to be PSVR2 only. The full list of 11 titles is as follows, with release dates still to be announced.
- Crossfire: Sierra Squad – (Smilegate)
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback – (Supermassive Games)
- The Light Brigade – (Funktronic Labs)
- Cities VR: Enhanced Edition – (Fast Travel Games)
- Cosmonious High – (Owlchemy Labs)
- Hello Neighbor: Search & Rescue – (tinyBuild Games)
- Jurassic World Aftermath Collection – (Coatsink)
- Pistol Whip – (Cloudhead Games)
- Zenith: The Last City – (Ramen VR)
- After the Fall – (Vertigo Games)
- Tentacular – (Firepunchd Games)
PlayStation VR2 launches worldwide February 22, 2023, priced at $550 USD. For more details on all of the PSVR2 games featured in the new list, check out the official PlayStation Blog.