That’s right, Prince of Persia Classic is this week’s Live Arcade release and it is going to cost 800 Microsoft Points. If you remember the original Prince of Persia for the Apple II, this is pretty much the same game, but with shiny HD graphics and new enemies, traps, and puzzles.
Prince of Persia Classic also features:
- Enhanced character designs, animations and visuals
- New traps, puzzles and enemies to tackle further augment the classic experience
- 12 Achievements will be available – ranging from the simple (finding the sword in the first level) to the near impossible (finding all the potions in the game or finishing the game without dying!)
- The title will feature 3 different leaderboards:
- Normal Mode: Complete the game as fast as possible, which saves at the end of each level
- Time Attach Mode: Complete the game as fast as possible – but be prepared to start from the beginning if you fail to save the Princess in under 60 minutes
- Survival Mode: Complete the entire game in under 60 minutes – without dying
As a huge fan of platform games, I can’t tell you how excited I am for Prince of Persia Classic. I was never able to beat the original game, so hopefully the inclusion of achievements will be enough motivation for me to finally finish it.
What about you guys? Are you willing to give Prince of Persia another go?