Nintendo’s critter catcher back on top
Nintendo’s Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX launched on Nintendo Switch last week and has had a healthy start, shooting straight to number one in the UK Charts.
A remake of the 2006 Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS titles, Rescue Team DX successfully toppled Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the top spot, which the military shooter has held on-and-off with great persistence since its launch back in October 2019. Sega’s cartoony medical management title Two Point Hospital also successfully maintained a Top Ten position, with the recently released console port dropping just a couple of places from number two to number six.
The rest of the Top Ten is rounded out with long-termers, FIFA 20, Grand Theft Auto V, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Of note, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has finally left the Top Ten for the first time since its launch back in November 2019. The rest of March brings with it some heavy hitters, including Nintendo’s Animal Crossing and Bethesda’s Doom Eternal, so it looks like the charts, stagnant for some months, will see a shakeup real soon.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: March 7, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX – Nintendo
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Activision
3. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
4. FIFA 20 – Electronic Arts
5. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 – Ubisoft
6. Two Point Hospital – Sega
7. Minecraft – Nintendo
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
9. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy – Activision
10. Luigi’s Mansion 3 – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [GamesIndustry.biz]