From $70 down to… $60.19? I have to laugh a little
The PlayStation Store is running its annual Days of Play sale through June 9, 2021 — and if you’re hoping to scoop up some PS5 game deals in addition to the usual PS4 sale circuit, you’re finally in luck.
I’m glad to say that the early MVP Demon’s Souls has a discount. Now, it isn’t a great discount — the game is $60.19 — but 14 percent off the top isn’t nothing. It’s been slow-going since launch outside of Returnal and Resident Evil Village, and if we’re talking big, impressionable PS5 titles, Demon’s Souls is still my favorite. Spider-Man: Miles Morales, another fun one, is down to $39.99 for PS4/PS5.
Some other recommendations from the Days of Play 2021 sale:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla ($35.99)
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure ($49.79)
- Ghost of Tsushima ($40.19)
- The Last of Us Part II ($29.99)
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate ($26.99)
- Sekiro ($29.99)
- Dreams ($9.99)
- Judgment ($29.99 for PS5, $19.99 for PS4)
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon ($41.99)
- Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition ($39.99)
- Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition ($39.99)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville ($7.99)
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition ($25.99)
- Overcooked: All You Can Eat ($31.99)
- Immortals Fenyx Rising ($29.99)
- Blasphemous ($9.99)
- Bugsnax ($18.74)
If you ended up getting a PS5 but you could only snag a Digital Edition console that can’t play discs, and, as a result, you’re at the mercy of the PlayStation Store for your PS5 game deals, I feel for you. It’s going to be a long wait for some of these $70-at-launch titles to reach anything approaching half price.
One thing I’ll say about this sale: while a lot of the deals aren’t very enticing price-wise, I appreciate the new sorting options in the web-based PlayStation Store. I like being able to break these sales down by platform, content type, and even “most downloaded” to quickly see what’s catching everyone’s eye.