Sackboy gets nerfed OMG
Sony promised patches for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and now you’re getting them, starting next week with patch 1.02. Among the changes are a new item (Medusa’s Gaze, presumably from God of War, and presumably something that can turn you into stone), an easier invite system, improvements to the netcode, and enhanced AI.
Sackboy is also getting nerfed in just about every way possible. His supers now need more AP to use, and a few of his abilities have lost some AP generation. The Little Big Planet star is a fairly technical character, and requires a lot of skill to use, so I think people will overcompensate for this.
As long as Sony can keep on top of things, patches will no doubt benefit PS All-Stars. The team seems to have a good head on their shoulders when it comes to designing fighting games, so let’s hope they can keep it up.
- A new item, Medusa’s Gaze, has been added to the game
- View Invites has been added to the Party Bar Menu
- AI logic enhancements
- Network performance improvements
- Issue where players were stuck with a different character than the one picked has been addressed
- Issue with matchmaking in regards to player skill has been addressed
- Overall improvements to network connectivity
- Level 1 Super – Increase cost from 100 to 150 AP
- Level 2 Super – Increase cost from 325 to 400 AP
- Level 3 Super – Increase cost from 600 to 750 AP
- Jam Session (Neutral Triangle) – Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 10 AP
- Cakeinator (Neutral Circle) – Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 20 AP