Call of Duty WWII holding on for Christmas #1
Last week saw the Xbox One release of open-world shooter, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, parachute straight into the number four position of the UK Charts, breaking a Top Five ranking that has been fairly concrete for a few weeks.
It wasn’t enough, however, to shake Call of Duty: WWII from its firm hold at the top, where it seems a shoe-in to be Christmas number one next week. FIFA 18, Star Wars Battlefront II, Assassin’s Creed: Origins and the awful WWE2K18 all retained their previous week’s positions, with Super Mario Odyssey still performing very well at number six, and the unstoppable Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy re-entering the Top Ten.
Elsewhere in the charts, Football Manager 2018 made a huge leap from number thirty to number fifteen, the franchise being a UK staple for generations. Zelda: Breath of the Wild, maintained its steady number seventeen slot, while Pokemon Ultras: Sun and Moon, continue their descent down the ranks.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: December 16 2017
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Call of Duty: WWII – Activision
2. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
3. Star Wars Battlefront II – Electronic Arts
4. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – Microsoft
5. Assassin’s Creed Origins – Ubisoft
6. Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo
7. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
8. WWE 2K18 – Take 2
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
10. Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy – Activision
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]