Developers, publishers, and hardware manufacturers will be coming to San Antonio, Texas on August 29 for the first ever consumer show put on by game retailer GameStop.
In the past GameStop held expos for employees only, but this year they are inviting the public to check out new games, attend panels with developers, and “meet with a growing list of special guests and celebrities.” Who knows what counts as a celebrity at a game expo, but we have a list of developers and publishers in attendance. I won’t bother posting since it includes pretty much every major publisher you’d expect; everything from Ubisoft to Nintendo.
Here are some highlights of what you can do at GameStop EXPO 2012:
- Get your hands on the Wii U
- Get hands-on with Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer
- Meet two-time NBA world champion and TV analyst Kenny Smith
- Meet the developers from Assassin’s Creed 3, Far Cry 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist
- Play God of War Ascension, Wonderbook: Book of Spells, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and other upcoming Sony titles
- Check out Medal of Honor Warfighter, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, SimCity, FIFA Soccer 13 and Madden NFL 13
- Dance with Plants vs. Zombies flash mob …. uh?
- Get your picture taken with Atlus’ girl model — ALRIGHT, I’M BACK IN!
There are plenty of good reasons to attend the expo, so you can bet I’ll be there. Even if these games will be out only a couple months later, it still seems like a solid line-up. You can pay $35 for a general pass or $100 for VIP, which will get you access to VIP lines, an exclusive room to hang out in, and a GameSpot branded bag. Bags are pretty cool.
[GameStop via Polygon] [image]