Revelations: Persona came in third
If you could get one Persona remake, what would it be? Well, Atlus asked that exact same question, and fans answered: Persona 3.
Stuffed into one category (P3/FES/P3P), Persona 3 came out on top, but Persona 2 (Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment) was right there too with roughly the same percentage of votes, coming in second. After that we have Revelations: Persona (Persona 1), then Persona 4 (+Golden), and Devil Summoner: Raidou rounding out the top five.
I think I’d go with Persona 1 or Persona 2. The third, fourth, and fifth entries have been celebrated enough: it would be great to unify the entire series and have all five games in a palatable modern context, potentially even by the end of this console generation (or with some form of backward compatibility). With Persona 3-5 already being preserved again, it would round everything out.
Atlus’ Persona remake/Atlus game poll results:
- Persona 3 (P3 / P3FES / P3P) (78.9%)
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin / Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (78.9%)
- Revelations: Persona (76.3%)
- Persona 4 (P4G) (74.8%)
- Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha series (72.1%)
- Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (69.5%)
- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (66.7%)
- Shin Megami Tensei IV (65.3%)
- Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner series (62.4%)
- Etrian Odyssey series (58%)