Launching August 14 for PC and Mac
Blizzard has opened pre-orders for StarCraft Remastered and you know what that means: it’s not far off! The iconic real-time strategy game (and its Brood War expansion) will be back in our lives on August 14, 2017 looking and sounding better than ever. The remaster is priced reasonably, too — it’s just $15.
Here’s a live-action trailer to set the mood.
In terms of what’s different in Remastered:
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- New matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Higher fidelity music and sound
- Switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button
I’m not the biggest StarCraft dude, but this will still be fun to relive come August.
Pre-purchases include a few bonuses like the Char Hive, Korhal Command Center, and Aiur Nexus building skins, plus Alexei Stukov as a co-op commander in StarCraft II and three player portraits.