You know, I’m getting quite tired of all these exclusive pre-orders at every single retailer for every new game that comes out. It becomes a hassle if you pick a crappy one, because then you have to wait a couple months to purchase the rest. Having said that, I have to admit that the pre-order options for Dishonored look pretty awesome. A couple of them come with an exclusive digital bonus and a unique physical bonus. Check out the list to see all of them:
- GameStop: Arcane Assassin Downloadable Upgrade Pack & Dishonored Tarot cards
- Best Buy: Shadow Rat Downloadable Upgrade Pack & Whale Oil USB Lamp
- Amazon: Backstreet Butcher Downloadable Upgrade Pack
- Walmart: Acrobatic Killer Downloadable Upgrade Pack
- Target: Smart Phone Dishonored Decal
There’s a couple clunkers in there like the Target bonus that only comes with a smart phone decal, or the Walmart and Amazon bonuses that only include the digital counterpart. But Best Buy and GameStop have the best pre-order bonus it seems; you can either get Tarot cards or a Whale Oil USB Lamp. Read that again: a Whale Oil USB Lamp. When are you going to ever be able to say you have the option of getting one of those again, and just by simply putting down an advance $5 for Dishonored?