Best-selling series entries in UK history
It’s not as if we didn’t see it coming. Sony’s sombre father and son adventure, God of War, has handily strolled straight into the number one spot of the UK Charts. Sega also have reason to celebrate, as their roaming brawler Yakuza 6: The Song of Life debuted at number three.
In both cases, God of War and Yakuza 6 had the best launches their respective series have ever experienced in the UK. While both titles are expected to ride high, God of War in particular is likely to stay firmly planted in the upper echelon for some time.
Elsewhere in the charts it was a good week for Nintendo, as both Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wild made re-entries into the Top Ten, with Switch shooter Splatoon 2 also creeping back into the Top 20. Space opera Destiny 2 also popped it’s cyber-armoured head back into the charts at number 25.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: April 21 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. God of War – Sony Computer Entertainment
2. Far Cry 5 – Ubisoft
3. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life – Sega
4. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
6. Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo
7. Fallout 4 – Bethesda
8. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – Microsoft
9. The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild – Nintendo
10.Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]