Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still on top
Nintendo has provided new top-selling investor relations software sales data on its official site, and the top 10 has shifted slightly. So what changed?
Well, interestingly enough, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl dropped off the list entirely, despite holding firm at the number eight slot the last time we checked in. Essentially taking its spot in the top 10, Pokemon Scarlet & Violet shot up to seventh place, while Super Mario Party, Ring Fit Adventure, and Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee refused to leave. The top six best-sellers (below) remain exactly the same.
In terms of sales, everything shot up a bit, ranging from 1-4 million more sales since the last September 30 2022 marker, with Mario Kart 8 pushing a remarkable 1.6 million units in that timeframe. You can see why it continues to shoot out DLC! Other top games held on, including Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which will likely continue getting a big bump from Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom throughout the year.
As for what’s next, expect Scarlet & Violet to climb considerably, likely overtaking Pokemon Sword/Shield eventually as the best-selling Pokemon game on Switch. It’s a shame Legends still isn’t anywhere to be found!
Here’s the full Switch best-seller list as of December 31, 2022
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 52 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 41.59 million
- Smash Ultimate – 30.44 million
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 29 million
- Pokemon Sword/Shield – 25.68 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 25.12 million
- Pokemon Scarlet/Violet – 20.61 million
- Super Mario Party – 18.79 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 15.22 million
- Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee – 15.07 million