Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics, Grindstone, and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 all deserve a nod
There’s no shortage of worthwhile games on Nintendo Switch, it’s just a matter of swooping in at the right time to get the most bang for your buck. For some of you, the eShop’s New Year Sale will be it.
- A Short Hike ($6.39)
- ARMS ($41.99)
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 ($9.74)
- BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! ($6.99)
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons ($10.49)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker ($29.99)
- Castle Crashers Remastered ($8.99)
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics ($27.99)
- Creature in the Well ($9.74)
- Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition ($5.99)
- Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King ($11.99)
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition ($34.99)
- FUSER ($39.59)
- Good Job! ($13.99)
- Grindstone ($15.99)
- GRIS ($6.79)
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix ($19.69)
- Horizon Chase Turbo ($4.99)
- Hotline Miami Collection ($12.49)
- Immortals Fenyx Rising ($39.99)
- Iris and the Giant ($13.49)
- Just Dance 2021 ($29.99)
- Katamari Damacy REROLL ($9.89)
- Killer Queen Black ($9.99)
- Kirby Star Allies ($41.99)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 ($8.99)
- Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection ($19.79)
- OKAMI HD ($9.99)
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps ($25.49)
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 ($29.99)
- Raji: An Ancient Epic ($18.74)
- Röki ($11.99)
- Shinsekai Into the Depths ($14.99)
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! ($13.99)
- Splatoon 2 ($41.99)
- Super Mario Maker 2 ($41.99)
- Terraria ($14.99)
- The Last Campfire ($10.49)
- Unrailed! ($9.99)
- Yoshi’s Crafted World ($41.99)
Note that I said “fantastic games” and not “fantastic deals” in the headline.
This is an eShop sale, after all – and a highly curated one at that. The actual discounts for a lot of these Switch games might seem small, but I think most of these are quality games (even if we are sick of seeing that standard $41.99 sale price on first-party Nintendo games no matter how old they are).
A few recommendations if you’re looking for a nudge: Clubhouse Games (I loved dueling the big-brained AI opponents), Good Job! (it’s a chill “afternoon co-op” sorta game), Grindstone (it’ll last you a ridiculously long time), Curse of the Moon 2 (don’t feel like you must play the original game first), A Short Hike (it’s so lovely), and Shinsekai (a rare Capcom metroidvania). I’m eying Immortals, but I can keep waiting.
I’d also say that $11.99 sounds a heck of a lot better than thirty bucks for Aladdin and The Lion King.
Either way, take a look – the eShop New Year Sale will last until 11:59 p.m. Pacific on January 21.