A Nintendo June recap
Nintendo had a lot of news to announce in June, and I don’t blame you for forgetting some of it. I mean, it was a pretty packed E3 for the publisher, amid a lot of dull presentations, so they stood out! But there’s still a lot to keep track of. They seemingly know this, and have provided a Nintendo June recap video as part of the Monthly Rewind series.
It’s a fairly quick rundown of some of the things in store for Nintendo in the near future (read: by the end of the year), kicking off with some first-party announcements, then swapping to third-party love midway in. We recapped a lot of this in our E3 summary, but there’s also a few more tidbits you may have missed, like Overwatch getting cross-play on Switch.
Just in case you don’t feel like watching:
- Metroid Dread is out on October 8
- Advance Wars 1+2: Reboot Camp arrives on December 3
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope is slated for 2022
- Shin Megami Tensei V is out on November 12
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin launches July 9 and a demo is out now
- WarioWare; Get it Together is slated for September 10
- Mario Party Superstars launches October 29
- Kazuya is the second to last Smash Ultimate DLC reveal
- Pokemon Unite is set to debut in July in the west
- Diablo II: Resurrected is out on September 23
- Sonic DLC is out now in Minecraft
- Overwatch cross-play is live, including Nintendo Switch
- Mario Golf: Super Rush, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity DLC 1, Game Builder Garage, DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power, Strange Brigade, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2, Worms Rumble, Doom Eternal DLC 1, Fortnite Season 7, and Disgaea 6 came out in June on Switch.