I prayed for Prey
A new update for Prey, version 1.04, will add more PS4 Pro support for the game. The update will also be landing on PC and Xbox One, but the majority of the fixes are for Sony’s half-upgrade. The list of fixes are below:
- Glooing Cook between objectives no longer breaks mission
- ‘Nightmare is Hunting You’ no longer plays after completing ‘Copy Protection’ without Typhon Neuromods installed
- Disgruntled Employee mission now properly completes if player finds Grant
- Lockwood prior to getting mission.
- Sarah Elazar will now give the code for Cargo Bay B if player has hostility from Phantoms
- Aaron Ingram will no longer flee and cower when released in Psychotronics
- Player can no longer lock themselves in the security pharmaceuticals office in Trauma
- Superfruit no longer appears shrunken and flat when fully grown.
- Adjusted timing on several cutscenes.
- Blank objective markers no longer persist above reticle
- Using key actions while controller prompts are shown will no longer cause a freeze.
- Tracking bracelets are now sent to Recycler with “Transfer all Junk”
PS4 Pro updates include:
- – Enable Screen-Space Reflections
- – Higher quality shadows
- – Improved texture appearance
- – More texture memory (stable streaming)
- – Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
- – Improved visual fidelity
- – Less LOD usage
- – Dynamic lights show up further
- – Particles are allowed to draw more pixels per effect
- – Particle refraction enabled
The patch is currently on the PlayStation Network and will be heading to Steam and Xbox Live sometime this week. No word on how big the update is, but seeing as how most modern updates are usually multiple gigs, I wouldn’t expect this to be any less.