All about that bass, baby
There are a lot of people who couldn’t give a tiny rat’s ass about karaoke games.
I am not one of those people.
Surprised? Yeah. ME TOO. Turns out that I need a release from all the blood and shit kill:death ratios of my typical daily gameplay, and that release comes in the form of games that ship with microphones and crappy plastic instruments and nope, I’m not even embarrassed about it.
I don’t need to have friends ’round. I don’t even need to be drunk. All I need is a microphone and a song I love and I am off, singing too loudly and off-key and enjoying every bloody second of it.
This is why the announcement of Now That’s What I Call Sing – despite the terribly-phrased title (it comes from the same people who churn out the Now That’s what I Call Music compilations albums) – is awesome.
Here’s the track list of what’s been confirmed to date. You better believe I’m gonna sing the bejesus out of Let It Go, guys.
- Uptown Funk (Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars)
- All About That Bass (Meghan Trainor)
- Problem (Ariana Grande feat. Iggy Azalea)
- Bang Bang (Jessie J, Ariana Grande And Nicki Minaj)
- Stay With Me (Sam Smith)
- Wake Me Up (Avicii)
- Summer (Calvin Harris)
- Hideaway (Kiesza)
- I Will Never Let You Down (Rita Ora)
- Let It Go (Demi Lovato)
- Chandelier (Sia)
- Boom Clap (Charli XCX)
- Up (Olly Murs feat. Demi Lovato)
- A Sky Full of Stars (Coldplay)
- Budapest (George Ezra)
- Outside (Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding)
- The Nights (Avicii)
- Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO)
- Real Love (Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne)
- Moves Like Jagger (Maroon 5)
- Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis)
- You’re Beautiful (James Blunt)
- All of Me (John Legend)
- Changing (Sigma feat. Paloma Faith)
- Hold my Hand (Jess Glynne)
- Pompeii (Bastille)
- Royals (Lorde)
- Ghost (Elle Henderson)
- Applause (Lady Gaga)
Now That’s What I Call Sing is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 23 and yes, I will have a sing-off with you. Yes, you will probably win.