Another expansion this winter
Next on the docket for Cities: Skylines is something most any simulation game could benefit from: natural disasters! Your citizens may suffer at the hands of meteorites or spreading fires, but as their omniscient mayor, you can claim innocence, probably. “Mother nature did it!”
The Natural Disasters expansion releases this winter and, per Paradox, builds on the game like so:
- Keep your city going through the devastation of several possible doomsday scenarios, from towering infernos to the day the sky exploded.
- Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations – finally, a Paradox game where “Comet Sighted” actually means something.
- Citizens can go Radio Ga-Ga with a new broadcast network, helping to rapidly spread evacuation warnings and emergency alerts – or simply relax to new in-game music stations.
- Scenario Mode allows players to design custom game objectives, including custom starting cities, win conditions, time limits, and more – and share scenarios to Steam Workshop.
- Heck yeah, new hats for Chirper.
What disaster movie best represents your city-to-be-destroyed?