An important patch is coming to LittleBigPlanet which will fix one of the most nagging issues with the PlayStation 3 title. LBP‘s tendency to throw a tantrum if your profile becomes too full of collected stuff is being addressed with a number of new features that should ensure players no longer get over-encumbered by community objects.
As well as this fix, other important updates will be the option to play one’s own music via the XMB when creating levels and hanging out in the pod, along with an improved decoration mode to make Sackboy customization a lot easier. Here’s the full layout of the update:
This update addresses several outstanding issues with the game:
- There is a new music player which lets player’s choose their own music from the XMB to play during create mode and in their Pod
- Improved decoration mode makes it easier to customize your Sackboy
New options to help prevent profiles becoming full of unwanted community objects:
- Option to delete all (unhearted) community objects and photos
- Option to select whether to automatically collect community prizes and photos
- A number of improvements have been made to make profiles more robust and to recover from certain errors
- We now support Japanese and Korean IME for text chat.
- Emitter prediction has been improved (this should help fast-moving projectiles e.g. in MGS levels)
- The player proximity switch now has a ‘require all’ option in it
- An option has been added to cycle between various level information when viewing community levels on the earth
- Various LittleBigStore improvements
Sounds like quite an extensive update, and all of it very welcome. There’s no release date for update 1.12 just yet, but primary development has been completed so Media Molecule reckons it won’t be a long wait. Connection reliability and game/profile size problems are also being addressed, and further news on these issues should be coming in the near future.