NetherRealm sent along some tweaks to Mortal Kombat while you weren’t looking. A ninja-like stealth hotfix has set some balance changes to the game’s characters without the need for a separately downloaded patch. Neat! Sneaky!
CVG says that this hotfix is actually a temporary fix ahead of a larger update on the way.
After the jump you’ll find a full list of the changes, which mostly involves the reduction or increase of damage dealt by characters’ attacks.
- Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
- Reduced the damage on some special moves.
- Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.
- Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.
- Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
- Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
- Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
- Changed Kano’s Towards Front Kick to a low block.
- Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.
- Increased the damage of some of Baraka’s special moves and attacks. It is easier to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka’s chopchop on the ground.
- Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
- Baraka’s Away Front Kick, Front Punch combo is now a true popup.
- Reduced some of Reptile’s combo damage.