New releases slam into the top spots
As predicted, this week sees a shake-up in the UK Charts, with some long-termers dropping out of the Top Ten to make way for some of the biggest new releases of 2018 so far.
Both Capcom’s Monster Hunter: World and Bandai Namco’s Dragon Ball FighterZ saw great success, debuting at numbers one and two respectively. The new games leap-frogged Activision’s Call of Duty: WWII and EA’s FIFA 18, which have both held an impressive monopoly on the top spots since release.
This week also sees Star Wars Battlefront II and Assassin’s Creed: Origins drop out of the Top Ten, while debuts are made by Rocket League’s physical edition and Sony’s creepy VR horror title, The Inpatient. Pokemon Crystal Version also put in a strong showing at number twelve. Further down the charts, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition appeared at number thirty, showing that the revamp of the controversial title has scored some new customers.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: January 27 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Monster Hunter: World – Capcom
2. Dragon Ball FighterZ – Bandai Namco
3. Call of Duty: WWII – Activision
4. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
5. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo
8. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – Microsoft
9. Rocket League: Collector’s Edition – Warner Bros. Interactive
10. The Inpatient – Sony Computer Entertainment
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]