You’re going for the gold in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare this weekend. That’s a deviation from the norm, because usually you’re just out for blood. It’ll be nice to add some conventional trophies to your collection to go along with the creepy necklace you made from fingers of people you killed.
Modern Warfare‘s Games of Summer event kicks off today, and it’s an Olympics-style challenge with a Call of Duty twist. Every day brings a new challenge where players try to earn gold medals. Here’s the rundown of events:
- Gun Course (Starts August 28) — Make your way through the course as fast as possible while clearing all enemy targets and avoiding civilian casualties.
- Price’s Alley (Starts August 29) — Eliminate an endless series of enemy targets while avoiding civilian targets to maintain the combo for as long as possible.
- Risky Parkour (Starts August 30) — Move through each checkpoint and finish the course as quickly as possible. Beware the heavy toxic gas on low ground.
- Shooting Range (Starts August 31) — Locate and shoot all targets in the area as quickly as possible while conserving ammunition.
- Marksman Challenge Starts (September 1) — Engage waves of long-distance targets and beat the clock. Missed shots burn time.
I’ve got my eye on that Risky Parkour. Rare is the opportunity to do something significant in Call of Duty without firing a single bullet. It’s a dash of Mirror’s Edge and that’s never a bad thing.
What’s it all for? Bringing home the gold in each event will net you a legendary assault rifle Juliet blueprint. Infinity Ward is also keeping track of which country’s players do the best. There’s probably going to be a prize for the nation that proves most proficient with their guns. Don’t act like you don’t already know who’s standing atop that podium.