Following yesterday’s fun announcement that Minecraft had sold over 1 million copies, today I bring word of a new patch. We’re officially up to beta version 1.2 now.
New block types, crafting recipes, cake, and a number of other mysteries are included, plus a dose of helpful fixes. Read the list for yourself over on Notch’s blog, or glance downward if your undying love prevents you from straying too far away.
Also, for those asking about what texture pack I use, this would be the one.
- Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
- 15 wool dyes
- A new water dwelling mob
- New tree types
- Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
- A bunch of new crafting recipes
- One secret useful block
- One secret pretty block
- AND MOAR, probably. I forget!
- Paintings work in multiplayer
- Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
- A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
- Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
- Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
- Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
- Falling sand behaves better in SMP
- Fixed a few crash on load level bugs