Too many puzzle games, so little time. It’s been awhile since I’ve played Q Entertainment’s Xbox Live Arcade version of Meteos Wars, but I’m thinking about jumping back in. Today, Q Entertainment announced the game’s second bit of downloadable content, ‘Galaxy Pack.’
The DLC adds nine new planets to the base game. If you’re a fan of the Nintendo DS version, the content should be familiar: all but two of the additions are new to the series.
It’s priced at 350 Microsoft Points. I can’t do that math — I don’t think in alien numbers — but I do know that it’s cheaper than 800 Microsoft Points, which is equal to ten bucks … or something like that.
Hit the break for the press release and check out the gallery for a screenshot.
METEOS WARS DLC “GALAXY PACK”
Available Today March 25
Can’t get enough of Meteos Wars? Challenge yourself to more planets!
The Galaxy Pack features nine stylish and slick planets, two of which are entirely new to the series!
Find the planet that best fits your style of play in Meteos Wars!
Take a ride through this intergalactic journey where you slide, stack and ignite your blocks to blast away the world-ending Meteos! Only you can stop them from falling and crushing your planet. Master the combo links and power-ups to challenge your friends in intense multiplayer sessions. A puzzle game can’t get any better than Meteos Wars, where the story, situation and environments formulate one explosive adventure!
Meteos Wars features several gameplay modes and tons of unlockables with a focus on both single and multiplayer play. The game has received an audio and visual facelift and picked up a few new features along the way, keeping the Meteos experience fresh and creating hours of excitement.
- Planets galore: Defend over 20 planets, each with its own alien race, Meteos block styles, unique gravity effects and visual and audio style.
- All-new special techniques: Master four “Planet Impact” special attacks – Armageddon, Gambit, Sentinel and Tempest.
- Massive modes: Test your quick-thinking action-puzzle skills in a variety of single-player modes, including Mission Mode, Attack Mode or Vs. Mode. Three challenges await you in Attack Mode – the 1-minute attack, 100-Meteo attack and the Challenge attack.
- Multiplayer: Blast away your opponents over Xbox LIVE in Matching Vs. Mode and become one of the best Meteos Wars players in the community! You can also go head-to-head with your friend in Local Vs. Mode.
- All-new accessories: Collect various accessories for your aliens by clearing certain objectives – accessorize your alien and give it some personality!
Meteos Wars – GALAXY PACK*
Platform: Xbox LIVE Arcade
Release date: March 25, 2009
Price: 350 MSP
(*In order to play the Galaxy Pack, you must download Meteos Wars)
Developer/Publisher: Q Entertainment
Platform: Xbox LIVE Arcade
Genre: Action Puzzle
Release date: December 10, 2008
Price: 800 MSP
# of Players: 1 ~ 2
Rating: ESRB “E”; PEGI “3+”
©Q Entertainment Inc. 2005, 2008 © BANDAI/NBGI 2005 All Rights Reserved.