Activision has revealed the latest batch of downloadable content for Guitar Hero World Tour, all set to released weekly this coming May. Best part? One of the track packs is completely free and totally metal, bro.
May 7: Ferret/Metal Blade Track Pack (Free)
- The Devil Wears Prada – “Dez Moines”
- Chimaira – “Broken Glass”
- Unearth – “Grave of Opportunity”
May 14: Pop Rock Track Pack ($5.50, or 440 MS on Xbox 360)
- Pink – “So What”
- OneRepublic – “Stop and Stare”
- Angels & Airwaves – “Everything’s Magic”
European Track Pack Vol 5. ($5.50, or 440 MS Points on Xbox 360)
- In Flames – “Disconnected”
- Housse de Racket – “Oh Yeah!”
- Cody Chesnutt – “Look Good in Leather”
Individual tracks can be picked up for $1.99/160 MS Points/200 Wii Points. Note there are no “packs” for the Wii; each song will have to be a separate purchase.
Allow me to say a few things about this. First of all, props to Activision for partnering up with a label to release an entire free track pack of songs. They’ve consistently provide gratis content (including Bruce Springsteen’s classic, “Born to Run”), and you simply can’t ignore that. Second, I’m genuinely excited about playing Pink’s “So What.” (The song also will appear in the upcoming LEGO Rock Band.) Yeah, I said it. And I’m proud.