Listen bud, he’s got rad-i-o-active blood!
In a move everybody saw coming a mile off, Insomniac’s amazing Spider-Man has thwipped its way straight to the top of the UK Charts, also bagging the title of fastest-selling game of 2018 to date within these humble shores.
This means that, in the UK, it has sold more copies in a shorter period of release than even Sony’s juggernaut God of War, as well as annual releases such as Ubisoft’s Far Cry 5. Spider-Man landed straight in at number one, also becoming the fastest-selling Marvel-branded video game, beating out the equally excellent LEGO Marvel Super-Heroes.
Elsewhere in the charts, a very strong debut was made by Square Enix’ Dragon Quest XI, with the new RPG sitting at an impressive second place. Also popping the Top Ten is Activision’s latest expansion for their sci-fi space opera Destiny 2: Forsaken, which debuts at number eight.
Now into September, the charts will be heating up, with many new releases vying for those Holiday purchases. Let’s see how long Peter Parker, EmmJay and crew can hold fort as kings of the world.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: September 8 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Marvel’s Spider-Man – Sony
2. Dragon Quest XI – Square Enix Europe
3. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
4. F1 2018 – Codemasters
5. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – Activision
6. Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 – Konami
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
8. Destiny 2: Forsaken – Activision
9. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – Microsoft
10. LEGO The Incredibles – Warner Bros. Interactive
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]