Some Assembly Required
Despite mediocre reviews, Square Enix’s comic-book adventure Marvel’s Avengers has had a relatively successful physical launch, retaining the top spot of the UK Charts, while fending off advances from Activision’s Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 and THQ Nordic’s remaster Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning.
Last week also saw a physical release for Xbox Game Studio’s Minecraft Dungeons, which debuts at number six after a slew of Nintendo Switch sales. Minecraft Dungeons is a cheerful, Diablo-like take on the mega-popular block-building title Minecraft, which itself has been a mainstay in the Top Ten for several weeks now.
The remainder of the Top Ten is filled out with chart stalwarts such as Take 2’s Grand Theft Auto V, and Nintendo Switch releases Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Ring Fit Adventure, as the high street waits for the inevitable influx of major holiday releases.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: September 12, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Marvel’s Avengers – Square Enix
2. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 – Activision
3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo
4. Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning – THQ Nordic
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
6. Minecraft Dungeons – Xbox Game Studios
7. Minecraft – Nintendo
8. NBA 2K21 – 2K Games
9. Grand Theft Auto V – Take-Two
10. Ring Fit Adventure – Nintendo
U.K. video game charts [GamesIndustry.biz]