Here’s info on a few shifting activities in the meantime
As Square Enix races towards a big Marvel’s Avengers patch that will allegedly “fix hundreds of issues,” we’re not entering the honeymoon phase of the game.
Folks have already picked their main and have decided whether or not the grindy endgame is something they want to pursue. According to our internal reader poll, Thor is by far the most popular hero, followed by Captain America, then Iron Man. Hulk leads the bottom three, then Ms. Marvel and Black Widow follow.
While we wait for that big savior patch, priority missions have shifted a bit. The desert vault is the low level priority while the tundra vault is the higher level priority. HARM challenges (the weekly) will also grant you an in-game 2010 Black Widow #5 item.
There’s also a weird PlayStation exclusive community challenge (wow this exclusivity deal runs deep) that will grant PS4 players a Ms. Marvel nameplate if they defeat 750,000,000 enemies with melee attacks. These are the sort of things that are designed to succeed, as a developer never wants to say “yeah this game wasn’t popular enough for the challenge to go through.” You can also find the marketplace offerings below.
Avengers War Table Week 3 [Square Enix]
Delve into the depths of two SHIELD Vault’s in this week’s priority missions. Priority Missions have modifiers that will challenge even the toughest Super Hero. Your first weekly completion of these missions earns you unique gear you won’t find anywhere else.
Desert Vault (Low Power Level)
- Famine: Enemies do not drop Regen Packs when defeated
- Outbreak: Toxic hazards are added to the environment. Gamma damage from enemies and the environment are increased
- Collider: Particle damage from players is increased
Guaranteed Reward: Polychoron & Hero-Specific Gear
Tundra Vault (High Power Level)
- Turmoil: Significantly increased presence of Riotbots.
- Resurgence: Enemy health regenerates after a short delay
- Clash: Melee damage from any source is greatly increased
- Snowball: Cryo damage from players is increased
Guaranteed Reward: Epic Gear