Oh yes, it’s coming. Problem is it can’t come until we get some writers to fill it up with content. I suppose you can consider this the semi-official announcement before the official announcement when everything will be revealed (thus, the nondescript header image).
Modern Method is looking for writers to blog about movies. We want review, news and feature writers who love movies. It would be an intern position but obviously a lot of fun and great for experience/free movies/hitting on people (trust me, “I’m a film critic” is a big turn on).
We will be accepting applications over the next week or so, so take your time and send us your best. Hit the jump for all the info on how to apply.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- People who can write, and write well.
- People who know movies. You don’t have to be in the film industry or have a film degree (not that either of those things won’t help), but you do need to know movies.
- Sense of humor. If you’ve been to any site on the network, you know what we’re talking about.
- Commitment. We’d like you to, you know, write. We can work around schedules and busy lives so, if you’re interested, apply.
- We’re definitely looking for writers in LA and New York, but it really doesn’t matter where you live. Foreign countries are welcome as well.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Writing samples (3-4). If you’ve never written anything, time to write it now. Blow us away. Reviews, features and shorter news posts welcome.
- A brief explanation of why you’d be awesome for the job. Again, blow us away.
- You can toss in your resume too if you think it will impress but it isn’t required.
Send your stuff to marazak(at)gmail.com and thefronz(at)gmail.com. Any questions or concerns can be sent over my way or tossed out in the comments. Looking forward to reading what you guys can deliver.