PC gamers, we haven’t forgotten about you! Early this morning, Jim told y’all that the Survival Pack DLC for Left 4 Dead had officially gone up on Xbox LIVE, but many of the comments on his post included the word “Steam” or “PC,” and involved multiple question and exclamation marks. Won’t someone think of poor Samit?
In case you hadn’t spent your day waiting for the Survival Pack to download from Steam, or read this post’s headline for that matter, let me reiterate: the DLC has been released. Yes, the content includes Versus mode for Dead Air and Death Toll, and the all-new Survival mode, but there’s more.
Check after the ol’ break for a summary of the patch beyond just the aforementioned additions it brings to the table.
- New gameplay Mode
- 16 maps including Last Stand
- 7 new achievements
- Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed
- Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated
- Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor
- Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer
- Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key
- Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale
- Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time
- Removed convars related to melee fatigue
- Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map
- Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats
- Add a message when queuing a heartbeat
- Simplified setting of game mode:
removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode
added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]
- Added lobby join and leave messages