While those of us with laptops who couldn’t process their way out of a simple algebraic equation are playing Left 4 Dead 2 on their 360, there is definitely a large chunk of gamers out there who rock zombie killing on the PC. However, like most PC games (and console games for that matter) the final build of L4D2 landed with some glitches. To fix this issue Valve has released a patch for the game via Steam.
You can check out all the things the patch fixes at the link above, but the ones you might actually notice are:
- Fixed performance problem when rendering lots of decals, notably when fighting tanks with shotguns
- Fixed rcon response not working on Linux dedicated servers
- Fixed matchmaking problem matching into Advanced and Expert games
- Fix bug that would cause other specials to try to pummel a player a Charger disconnects or reconnects
- Fixed versus mode results panel being cut off in transition stats screen in non-english
- Found games: fixed non-player entries drawing the wrong type of icon in the selected item name label
- Game mode selector on main menu now takes keyboard input
Sounds like some solid fixes up in there. Have any of these issues been plaguing you guys? I’m going to be honest and say that this patch makes me excited simply because the word pummel is used in one of the fixes.