Ahead of its unveiling this weekend at the Call of Duty XP event, the Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 3 has leaked. Wired obtained a photo detailing the contents of this retail package from an anonymous source. Sorry, boys, but there is no plastic head in this one.
- Unique disc art (that you obsessive types will only see once, I imagine)
- One-year membership for Call of Duty Elite
- “Founder status” on Elite, including: exclusive in-game emblem, player card, camouflage, clan XP boost, and other unnamed benefits
- Steelbook case (doubles as a weapon against robbers)
- “Animated Timeline Theme” for PlayStation Network only
- Special Ops Juggernaut Avatar outfit for Xbox Live only
- Limited-edition collectible field journal
Not as extravagant as I would have predicted. I’m curious to see what the price tag will be, especially given that full year of free Elite service.
Leaker Spills Details on Modern Warfare 3 ‘Hardened Edition’ [Wired]