Update 10.0.0 is now live
Nintendo likes to spring updates on people and today is no different. Without any warning, the company dropped the Ver. 10.0.0 update for the Nintendo Switch. It introduces some new features, including the ability to bookmark news items and transfer data between the system and an SD card. There are also new icons from Animal Crossing: New Horizons for you to use, but undoubtedly the best addition included in this update is button remapping.
Starting with this update, players can create custom button configurations for their controllers. Configurations are saved to the Switch console and are limited to the Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Those rocking a Switch Lite can also customize their buttons. Each controller can have up to five different custom configurations, as can the Switch Lite.
Here are the complete patch notes:
Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
- This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked. An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downlopadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.