Go get that art!
Nintendo isn’t quite as done updating ARMS as we might’ve thought.
A fresh update dropped last night bringing a few new goodies, including a fighting-game-staple gallery full of illustrations to unlock, a few extras for Party Crash, and a special Tournament Mode that unlocks all Arms so you can easily get situated to run your own tourney. There’s also a few more fixes.
— Nintendo Versus (@NintendoVS) February 1, 2018
- Added new “Gallery” feature. Unlock amazing illustrations using in-game currency, or by fulfilling certain conditions.
- Added new badges.
- Added badges earned when certain pairs of fighters rack up battles together.
- Added badges earned by repeatedly using each ARM.
- And so many more!
- New additions to Party Crash.
- ARMS Labs have manufactured the ultimate version of Hedlok. It will appear only in Party Crash.
- ARMS Labs have thought up some new Bonus Periods. Look out for them!
- If a featured fighter is losing by more than 1000 points in the current lobby, the bonus for using them will increase from 1.5x to 2x. Time for some comebacks!
- Added “Tournament Mode.”
- A mode made for tournaments with all ARMS unlocked.
- When in Tournament Mode you will be unable to play other modes such as Grand Prix or Ranked Match, and you won’t receive badges or in-game currency. Records will also not be recorded.
- You can switch between Normal Mode and Tournament Mode on the Top Menu by holding in the R Stick and pressing L and R.
- Fixed an issue where Dr. Coyle’s extra ARMS would not fire correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Ramram would stop moving in mid-air.
- Fixed an issue in Skillshot, where the Tribolt would fail to return after punching.
All in all, a pleasant little surprise.
Nintendo Versus [Twitter]