Rockstar Games highly-anticipated L.A. Noire is out this month, and along with it, music fans can expect two album releases.
L.A. Noire: Remixed is a partnership with Verve Records with modern spins on some of the classic tunes from the 40s. The six track EP will feature jazz standers “re-interpreted” by folks like DJ Premiere and Dave Sitek.
The game’s score, by The Getaway composer Andrew Hale, will also be available as a separate release. In addition to music heard in the game, it will feature modern-style updates of classic period pieces written by The Real Tuesday Weld’s Stephen Coats with Propaganda’s Claudia Brucken on vocals. Red Dead Redemption co-composer Woody Jackson also provides additional music for the game’s score.
Both albums will be available for purchase on iTunes on May 17, the same day L.A. Noire hits shelves.
L.A. Noire: Remixed Tracklist
- Elle Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan – “Stone Cold Dead in the Market” (Ticklah remix)
- Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra – “Hey-Ba-Ba-Re-Bop” (Midnight Sun remix)
- Dinah Washington – “A Slick Chick (On the Mellow Side)” (Maximum Balloon remix)
- Louis Jordan – “Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens” (DJ Premier remix)
- Gene Krupa – “Sing Sing Sing” (Truth & Soul Remix)
- Billie Holiday – “That Ol’ Devil Called Love” (Moodymann remix)