Three weeks after its initial release, Kinect Sports: Season Two has just come out with the first piece in its monthly add-on content. Challenge Pack #1 features a new game mode for each of the six activities already included on the disc. In order to help get the word out about the upcoming Challenge Packs, Rare and Big Park Games are giving out this content for free.
It seems that the developers are looking into the future when it comes to Kinect Sports: Season Two; for both the player and for the longevity of the Kinect Sports brand. The developers have stated that they will provide Challenge Packs like this one, each month until sometime in Spring 2012. No word yet as to the pricing on these future content packs, but it is interesting to see a developer trying to deliver unique content each month to help keep fans happy. It also must give their wallets a workout.
The six game modes will include: Frantic Fielder, Smart Shot, Crazy Kicker, Champion Chip, Cool Ringings and Rapid Returner.
- Frantic Fielder tests players hand-eye coordination with wacky mascots that throw an unending supply of baseballs to you.
- Smart Shot combines Brain Age’s quick math puzzles with the task of throwing darts at the correct answer.
- Crazy Kicker is your basic field goal kicking simulator, so players will need to take into account the conditions of the field.
- Champion Chip challenges players with making chips shots under the changing conditions of wind and different surfaces.
- Cool Ringings tests players by collecting cow bells for points, while dodging more wacky mascots.
- Rapid Returner, the player will be tasked with taking on the serves of certain “wacky” opponents at ever increasing speeds.
Don’t forget to grab your sweat bands for this one; Challenge Pack #1 is out on Xbox Live right now.