Journey has done extremely well for itself on PlayStation Network, and with the upcoming disc-based collector’s edition on the way, I can only see that trend continuing. As announced today by developer thatgamecompany, Journey Collector’s Edition is headed to retail for $29.99 on August 28 in North America.
Info on further territories is on the way, but for now, let’s dig into what’s included. There’s actually quite a bit! The highlights include full versions of flOw, Flower, and Journey; soundtracks and developer commentaries for all three games; a 30-minute documentary about Journey; and reversible cover art.
It’s also worth giving a special mention to the CE’s inclusion of three mini-games that came out of thatgamecompany during 24hr Game Jams. As much as I enjoy getting my games digitally, there’s something to be said for owning physical copies — especially ones packed with so much good stuff.
Full list of what’s included:
- 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art