Now batting, Herb Guy
The PS3 firmware 3.0 was probably amazing, the PS Vita 3.0 firmware changed your life, and now it’s time for the PlayStation 4 to hit the big three oh (same) as detailed in the PlayStation Blog. Taking the piss with respect to Sony firmware updates isn’t really my beat, I am literally only writing about it because it is code named “Kenshin” and I wanted to use this header.
I don’t even know what firmware is besides badly starched under garments am I right folks?
- Online storage up to 10gb from 1gb if you are PlayStation Plus
- Live stream straight to YouTube, as with Twitch
- Hub for in-game events, which might be helpful if you like those things
- Favorite Groups for managing online gaming pals
- You can create communities that sound like Steam groups
- Video uploaded directly to Twitter (only one I care about, would be great for dumb ass stuff like Herb Guy)
- Emoji (they’re calling them “stickers” which I assume means they want to charge money eventually)
- You can pester friends with a “Request to watch gameplay”