A couple weeks ago, I excitedly dropped the news that I was going to be a zombified character in Panda Cake’s new iPhone game Pocket Zombie (yay, self-promotion!). At the time of the post, an early version of the game was available, but some minor kinks had to be ironed out. Well, it’s now official: the final version of Pocket Zombie is available on iTunes!
Pocket Zombie allows you to take care of a zombie on your iPhone by feeding it brains, changing its outfit, and leveling it up. I have said it before, but think Tamagotchi meets 28 Days Later. It’s a clever little title that is surprisingly addictive and impressively polished. And, even better, it’s only 99 cents!
Here are the highlights, professional bullet points and all:
- Adopt your own pet zombie and gain experience by killing survivors, leveling up, and purchasing upgrades!
- 5 unique zombie girlfriends including:
- IGN’s Jessica Chobot
- Destructoid’s Chad Concelmo
- Freezepop’s Liz Enthusiasm
- Game Informer‘s Meagan VanBurkleo
- Secret “Thriller” outfit for your pet zombie!
- Achievements, leaderboards, friends list and more!
- Donate to the girlfriends’ charities through the main menu!
Yup, I am a “zombie girlfriend” and damn proud of it! (Check the below gallery for my special zombie Valentine.)
If you have an iPhone, you really have no reason to not download Pocket Zombie. It is a really fun game, you can donate to some great charities, and it costs about as much as the spare change jingling around in your pocket right now. You really can’t lose! All the cool kids are downloading it. You want to be cool, right?
*I will be posting five free promo codes for the game in the comments during the day. Check back and grab one!